Your Go-To Water Multimedia Filter Manufacturer in China
- Diverse range of multimedia filters for water treatment.
- Reduction of suspended solid down to 20 microns.
- High turbidity reduction rate.
- Self-cleaning mechanism.
NEWater is A Professional Multimedia Filters Supplier in China
At least three layers of various filter materials, such as sand, gravel, garnet, and anthracite, are used in multimedia filters. These filters are sometimes referred to as “deep bed filters.” The medium porosity of these filter materials decreases, which can effectively remove suspended solids, such as dirt and sediment, and achieve the best removal effect of fine suspended solids and particulate matter including organic compounds, and other microorganisms. As a result, it enhances the quality of the water by lowering turbidity and discoloration.
The efficiency and lifetime of downstream filtration devices like reverse osmosis membranes and ion exchange beds can be impacted by a high percentage of suspended particulates in the supply water. Compared to sand filters, multi-media filters may capture and hold more particles. A low-cost method of purifying water is to use a multi-media filter. Utilizing a multi-media filter for water purification is a cost-effective solution.
When is a Multimedia Filter Required?
Typically, when dealing with feedwater that contains high levels of sediment or particulates. First, the feed water is subjected to a silt density index (SDI) test. If the SDI value is 3 and above, or the turbidity is greater than 0.2NTU, the performance of the reverse osmosis membrane may be greatly affected and damaged. In this case, it is recommended to use a multi-media filter to solve it. It is common to use industrial multimedia filters to treat wastewater.
How Does Multimedia Filtration Function?
The process of treating water with multimedia filters entails passing water through layers of various media, like sand, gravel, and coal. Different types of media have different properties, and water passes through the layers of media in a specific order, with the coarsest media used first and the finest media last.
When the incoming water passes through the various filter layers from top to bottom, it enables them to remove different pollutants from the water, thereby effectively removing suspended solids and colloidal particles, thereby reducing the turbidity of the water.
Features and Advantages
- Triple cell design facilitates the best flux rate during filtration and backwash.
- Over 90% filtration rate.
- Removes suspended solids with a micron rating of 20 microns or higher.
- Reliant on three or more filtration layers.
- Available in pressure vessels manufactured from stainless steel, FRP, and coated steel.
- Diverse flow rates range from 5 to 1000 GPM.
- Large filtration surface area.
- May be put into use along with other water treatment methods.
- Water purification for drinking and cooking.
- Removal of impurities for industrial processes.
- Treatment of wastewater for reuse or discharge.
- Aquaculture and fish farming.
- Pool and spa water filtration.
- Water filtration for outdoor activities and camping.
- Emergency preparedness and disaster relief.
- Filtering water for aquariums and terrariums.
- Reducing suspended solids and turbidity
- Removal of iron and manganese.
- Pretreatment for membrane systems or UV. disinfectors.
NEWater Provides Quality-certified Water Multimedia Filter
NEWater provides personalized filter customization services for multiple industries, including high-quality industrial sand filters, industrial multimedia filters, activated carbon filters, etc. We design media filters based on analysis of your feed water quality and effluent water quality requirements. They can reduce Total Suspended Solids (TSS) levels down to 20 microns, as well as eradicate or shrink turbidity.
These multimedia filters are available in a variety of sizes to handle a wide range of flow rates, either alone or as a component of a larger water treatment system. The thickness and size of the filter media can be customized according to the composition of the incoming water.
When choosing a multimedia filter, there are a few key factors to consider:
- Flow rate: Ensure that the filter can handle the flow rate of the water being treated.
- Materials of filters.
- Micron rating: Choose a filter with a micron rating that is appropriate for the size of the particles you need to remove.
- Type of media: Different media types (such as sand, anthracite, and garnet) are better suited for removing different types of particles.
- Chemical compatibility: Ensure that the filter media is compatible with any chemicals that may be present in the water.
- Maintenance requirements: Consider how often the filter will need to be cleaned or replaced.
- Brand and customer support: Choose a reputable manufacturer that values customer service to ensure you receive assistance if you encounter problems with the filter.
- Canisters: Available in stainless steel, metal canisters, fiberglass, or epoxy-coated steel, hold filter media.
- Filter media: Gravel, garnet, anthracite, and sand. Also applicable are activated carbon and ion exchange resins.
- Valves and instruments: Manual, pneumatic, or electrical valves are available for automatic water filters.
- Piping: PVC, alloy steels, and epoxy-coated carbon steel may be utilized to connect to the valve.
- Drainage system: used to collect and discharge filtered water.
- Backwash system: for cleaning media, and a control system to monitor and adjust the flow rate and water pressure.
- PLC-based controller.
- Also included are various optional components such as skid-mounted systems, flanged pipe connections, pipe supports, and stainless steel hardware.
If the high-pressure drops or the turbidity rises when using the multi-media filter, a backwash is necessary. The multi-media filter’s pressure drop should be regulated between 3 and 7 psi, and any other upkeep or troubleshooting should be handled by technical experts.
It is recommended that the filter media be changed after a certain amount of time has passed after intensive water treatment, as the serrated edges will have become rounded and the filtration efficiency will decrease.
Thanks to your company’s multi-media filter. It features gives faster flow rate in which benefits are visible.
We can see that the suspended solids that are normally seen in the water, are reduced. Amazing product!
We’ve been searching for a product that s high quality and reasonably priced. This is indeed the product that not only does its job but is effective.